Monday, October 8, 2007

Second Grade Cityscapes

Hello Pinterest friends! If you are viewing this blog via Pinterest....welcome! This is actually my old blog from my previous school. Feel free to look around and enjoy! I also have a NEW BLOG that I try to update frequently, so please visit my new blog at www.hsesartyparty.blogspot.com
You can also follow my Pinterest boards at http://pinterest.com/bessc/
Thanks for stopping by!






Several Second Grade classes have been learning about architecture. We focused mostly on large cities and skyscrapers. After reading books and discussing the art of designing buildings, the kids created their own cities. We also discussed overlapping and how they can show the illusion of one building being in front of another. Once the drawings were complete, we began to talk about how we would paint these. We learned about warm and cool colors and they had to choose which color scheme to use. Warm colors are colors that give us a feeling of warmth such as, reds, oranges, and yellows. Cool colors are colors that give us a feeling of cool temperatures such as blues, greens, and purples. The cities are turning out nice and the students are really taking their time to ensure a neatly painted city. I am very proud of their hard work!