Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eric Carle Collages

Hello Pinterest friends! If you are viewing this blog via Pinterest....welcome! This is actually my old blog from my previous school. Feel free to look around and enjoy! I also have a NEW BLOG that I try to update frequently, so please visit my new blog at www.hsesartyparty.blogspot.com
You can also follow my Pinterest boards at http://pinterest.com/bessc/
Thanks for stopping by!









These are so gorgeous! Eric Carle is a fabulous author and illustrator of children's literature. The students are all familiar with his books so he is a great way to connect art and reading. We learned about the art technique called collage and how Carle uses this method to make the illustrations for his picture books. The students spent a day painting papers to later be cut up. The next class time, they painted the ground and sky. On the third class visit they began using their painted papers to collage their background and animal. They could choose any land animal that they wanted and they then had to put it in it's natural habitat. These are really coming along and are almost ready for display. Way to go!