Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dusty Landscapes

Hello Pinterest friends! If you are viewing this blog via Pinterest....welcome! This is actually my old blog from my previous school. Feel free to look around and enjoy! I also have a NEW BLOG that I try to update frequently, so please visit my new blog at www.hsesartyparty.blogspot.com
You can also follow my Pinterest boards at http://pinterest.com/bessc/
Thanks for stopping by!

Several Second Grade classes created dusty chalk landscapes. They studied many different types of landscapes and we discussed what we saw in the reproductions we viewed. We talked about how things look when they are far away. I asked questions like, "how do trees look in the distance"? "Can you see each individual leaf, and why"? "How do fields and pastures look when they are far away"? This were created with messy chalk pastels which was a new material for most of them. The kids liked how their art turned out and it makes me happy to see them proud of their work. These are truly beautiful works of art.