Friday, April 4, 2008

Art Show April 10th!

I am excited to share with everyone the information about our upcoming art show! I decided to do things a little differently this year and rather than doing an "art festival" type event I am going with a more sophisticated "museum" style exhibit. The art show this year is a group effort with a company called First Art Works. The students made some really lovely art in my class and I have sent the work to First Art Works for framing. On the night of the show, every student will have their matted and framed art on display. If parents would like to buy the frame that it is in, they can take the work off the wall and buy it that night. All art that is not bought in the frame that night will be returned to the students in several weeks. I have tried to explain to the students that they are not buying their art, but they are buying the frame that it is in. The art show is Thursday, April 10th and will follow the PTO meeting that starts at 5:00. It is a "drop in" event, so feel free to stay as long as you like. In addition to the framed work, there will also be hundreds of other student art diplayed all along the Library wing here at MCPS. Please make sure to come down and see additional work by your children. I am so excited about the show and I hope that everyone can make it out to the school on April 10th to celebrate the young artists of Morgan County Primary School!