Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where has the time gone?





Wow! I definitely got swamped with the annual Holiday rush. Beautiful art continued to be created here in the art room....I was just too busy to share it! Well, I am back and refreshed and ready to share our progress. Here are some photos of some gorgeous ornaments that Second grade students made to decorate the large windows in the office. We used transparency film and the first day, they drew their designs with Sharpies and thickened their lines up with black acrylic paint. On day two, they painted their ornaments with red, green and white acrylics. We cut them out and displayed them all over the windows in the office. Everyone loved them and they reminded me of Dr. Seuss. I think this will be an annual project for the Christmas holidays each year. We may have to make some funky Valentine hearts for February too!